Creamy Spinach-a winner with anyone!

Call it a spinach Mousse-:)

Having had my meaty burgers, I looked back at the flavours that accompanied beef when I was a child!



My childhood memories, for various reasons, relate to Portugal as, that was where I spent all of my school holidays.

In Portugal, steak will most ultimately be accompanied by creamy spinach,or, as they call it, esparragado.

It is also a brilliant way of getting your kids to eat spinach!

Ingredients

2 spinach bunches (you can use frozen too, just cook them first)
6 tbsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves, chopped or sliced
1 tbsp breadcrumbs or flour
salt and pepper
cream or milk
pinch of nutmeg


1-Boil the spinach
2-Place garlic and olive oil in a food processor and liquidise for 3 minutes.
3-Add the spinach and liquidise for a few seconds.
4-Add milk, breadcrumbs and nutmeg and liquidise for another few secs.
5-Season to taste and serve.

It may not look very appetising but trust me it tastes amazing!







Pasta With Creamy Spinach on Foodista

Comments