Blood Orange Spritzer

A couple weekends ago I celebrated my 26th birthday. I really just wanted a mellow day relaxing with Eric. We went out for breakfast at one of my favorite restaurants, did some shopping, and stopped at our local fish market to pick up some fresh scallops for dinner. (Recipe coming soon!) We were going to go out for dinner but sometimes its just nice to stay in, so that's what we did!

To further celebrate, I thought I would mix up a refreshing drink using the giant bottle of orange vodka I have. (It was double the size for only a $1 more!) Unfortunately I could not find Blood Oranges so I had to use regular ones, but the blood orange sparkling water I found kind of made up for them.


Blood Orange Spritzer
recipe by Sabrina W. for eat.drink.and be merry
yields 2 servings
3 shots orange vodka (I used Three Olives RangTang)
2 cups blood orange sparkling water
1 large orange or 2 blood oranges
ice cubes

Pour ice in two tall glasses. Add 1 1/2 shot of vodka in each glass. Pour in 1 cup of sparkling water in each glass. Slice orange(s) in half. Juice 1 half in glasses and slice the other half of the orange. Stir and add orange slices.

Enjoy!

Comments